Cover Letter Quality Assurance Entry Level
Cover Letter Template for Entry Level Jobs
By Laura Schneider
Updated February 14, 2017
Cover Letter Template
Following is a template cover letter that you can use as a starting point for your own cover letter. Don’t copy it word for word, but use it as a guideline.
Your street address (line 10--12)
City, State, zip
Month Day, Year (current date)
Balance the letter on the page by adjusting the spacing here. Even if you are applying electronically, the employer may print this out to read, so it should look nice.
Mrs. Jane Doe
Human Resources Director
Company Street Address
City, State, zip code
Dear Mrs. Doe:
I read with interest your advertisement for engineering positions at ABC Company. Your company is one of the leaders in the electronics industry, and I am interested in being employed by a company with your background.
Enclosed is a copy of my resume that details my academic qualifications and practical experience gained through the cooperative education program. As you can see from my resume, I have a firm foundation in electrical engineering.
Thank you for taking your time to review my resume. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss how my education, practical skills, and background would qualify me to be a member of the ABC Company.
Please contact me at 555-555-5555 or email@example.com to set up a time for an interview. I look forward to hearing from you.
(3-4 blank lines)
Your Signature goes here if sending a hard copy.
John Jones (your typed name)
Use “Enclosure” at the end if you are submitting your cover letter and resume via hard copy. If you are submitting via email, change this word to “Attachment” instead.
If you do not have a specific contact name to address the letter to, use the following sample cover letter.
QA Tester Cover Letter
QA Testers are usually employed by software testing departments or companies and are responsible for the following job duties: executing manual and automated tests, identifying system requirements, finding and documenting defects, helping with planning and design, performing debugging, making sure all items included in test specifications are covered, making suggestions for improvement, collaborating with software engineers, and reporting to managers.
A successful cover letter sample for QA Tester should focus on skills and qualifications like:
- Quality assurance and software testing expertise
- Attention to details and accuracy
- A meticulous approach to work
- Time management
- Computer proficiency
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving orientation
- Organization and planning
Below is provided a cover letter example demonstrating similar QA Tester skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive QA Tester Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Buchanan:
When I learned of your need for a seasoned QA Tester to come on board, I felt compelled to quickly send you my resume for your consideration. As a highly skilled and results-driven professional with 14+ years of experience in quality assurance and validation—combined with a dedication to product quality excellence—I possess a breadth of knowledge and expertise that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your company.
My background includes outstanding experience working with developers, running automated tests, writing reports, and updating databases to drive continuous quality improvements and ensure compliance with regulations. With my extensive IT proficiencies, coupled with my technical background in the healthcare sector, my experience is certain to render me an asset to your team.
I invite you to consider the following highlights of my achievements:
- Utilizing my vast programming knowledge to validate, verify, communicate, and resolve software issues and bugs via unit, acceptance, regression, and functional/performance testing on the Electronic Health Information Application program as a QA Specialist with Jonias Medical.
- Developing, running, and maintaining detailed testing scripts to ensure repeatability, with the intention of automating all base testing to enable QA to focus on new capabilities.
- Uncovering, documenting, and reporting all bugs and other issues within proprietary software applications.
- Earning ongoing recognition from software developers and supervisors for excellent problem solving, analytical, and time management skills.
- Managing vital quality control initiatives, compliance concerns, audits, and operational processes and procedures within company guidelines.
- Demonstrating outstanding leadership and communication abilities.
My commitment to maximizing quality assurance and validation through meticulous testing, along with my acute knowledge of quality audits and compliance issues, will certainly contribute immensely to the success of your team. Thank you for your consideration; I hope to hear from you soon.
James P. Carollo