Cover Letter Software Engineer Intern Job
IT Intern Cover Letter
IT Interns are full-time or part-time students majoring in an IT-related discipline and gaining hands-on experience in the field. Essential job duties of an IT Intern are providing support to end users, documenting business requirements, testing software, developing documentation, creating test plans, developing various script plans, writing technical specifications, providing support to senior staff, and completing other tasks as assigned by managers.
A typical cover letter sample for IT Intern should highlight the following job assets:
- Having completed two years of college in an area such as information technology or computer science
- Being able to follow verbal and written instructions
- A willingness to learn new things
- Organizational skills
- Computer proficiency
- Time management
- Deadline orientation
- Initiative and judgment
- Software development skills
- Problem-solving orientation
- Work prioritization and multitasking
Below is provided a cover letter example demonstrating similar IT Intern skills and abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive IT Intern Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Fong:
It is with great interest that I submit to you the enclosed resume in the hopes of securing an internship role with your company. As a current IT student at the Pittsburgh Institute of Technology with an increasingly extensive knowledge of diverse IT systems and implementations—complemented by my superior team collaboration and project management abilities—I feel confident that I would significantly benefit your organization as your next IT Intern.
My background has prepared me to excel in an internship capacity, enabling me to amass hands-on practicum and experience in technical system operations and user support. With a solid foundation in a variety of technological systems and platforms, my technical and leadership abilities, coupled with my adaptability and interpersonal skills, position me ready to thrive in this challenging and energizing field. Additionally, my demonstrated talents in project life cycle coordination will allow me to become an immediate asset to your team.
Highlights of my background include:
- Demonstrating a keen aptitude for technology programs and solutions; participating in comprehensive educational program to achieve my Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (expected 6/2018).
- Achieving extensive knowledge in equipment operation, application prototypes, website maintenance, systems support, and logistical oversight to facilitate organizational success.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, PeopleSoft, MS Project, and a range of additional programs and tools (please see resume for full list); comfortable on both Mac and PC platforms.
- Utilizing polished organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and team-building talents to propel projects and teams to peak results.
With my academic-based experience in basic IT functionalities, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I believe I could swiftly surpass your expectations in an internship capacity. I look forward to discussing this opportunity with you in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Robert G. Agnew
Sample cover letter for Internship position at Pinterest
Dear Recruiting Manager,
I am a diligent, self-motivated and analytical computer science graduate student at Arizona State University.I am writing to express my interest in the Software Engineer(intern) position at Pinterest. I learnt about this opportunity through LinkedIn Jobs section. Pinterest is a unique social networking platform that promotes creativity and ideas and connects people with common interests, and this is what excites me about working at Pinterest where creativity is valued. I have worked on a variety of projects in various domains such as cloud, collaboration, mobility etc and have been recognized on several occasions for coming up with creative solutions during my career.
As an avid software developer, I have taken up many hobby projects as well. I love developing Mobile applications for Android and currently working on a open source music streaming app that will allow local bands and musicians showcase and promote their music for free and music lovers can get to enjoy regional music based on location based recommendation system.Also developed a twitter client that can sort and filer your tweets that removes the clutter on your timeline and presents only most important tweets for you.I am constantly on a lookout for opportunities where I can upgrade my skills and learn new technologies.
See our template for making your own punchy cover letter
Get access to over 7,000 cover letters from candidates getting jobs at your target companies.