Audio Essay Ideas For 4th
Every Bike Ride by Duncan Long
10 Horrifying Horror Story Prompts
Here are 10 horror story prompts that should give you the chills, and get you writing something scary. Warning if these don’t scare you, you are most-likely a zombie, vampire, werewolf or ghost. If you are unaware of being one of the undead, seek medical attention immediately.
- You have had a strange feeling for a few days now. Today you’ve been feeling very energetic and tired at the same time. You sit, exhausted and full of energy, at your desk. Your arm has been itching. It’s killing you now. You look at your forearm and see it for the first time. Something is moving under your skin. It is shifting around. Your muscle spasms and you realize there are dozens moving toward the surface.
- You open your eyes to complete darkness. The last thing you remember is the dog running out into the road, the brightness of the day light, and your car headed off the road. As your head clears you realize you are hanging upside down. Your feet and legs are completely mobilized. You can hear something breathing in the room.
- Your driving on a country road. It is late at night. You are far from home. You realize, as you check your mirrors, there is a man you do not know, hiding on the floor of your back seat.
- It’s 3 am. Your room is dark, but you can see that there is someone, standing at the foot of your bed. You can just make out that he or she is wearing a clown costume, and you are pretty sure, from the glare and the little bit of reflection, that it has a knife.
- At 3 am you wake up out of a very sound sleep. You hear the ice cream truck outside of your house. And you realize, the sound that woke you up, was the sound of your 4 year old daughter, letting the screen down slam, as she left the house.
- You are running late. After quickly getting ready, you rush out of the house and to your car door. A sound gets your attention, and for the first time this morning you look at your surroundings. There is a fully grown male lion, just a few feet from you. Your car door is still locked.
- You are falling. The 737 is a 100 yards above you. You hear the rush of the wind, and it’s so cold. You realize you are still holding your baby.
- The worst cramps you have ever had set in on your biceps. Your arms are twisting. You feel your ankles popping. It came on so suddenly. You drop to your knees, looking through your bedroom window, you see the full moon. You hear a little voice behind you, “Mommy?” (or “daddy”)
- You are frozen with fear. You open your eyes, the tent is dark. But you can feel the heavy weight of a large tarantula covering one eye. Through the other eye you can see the shadows, from the moonlight, of 100s if not 1000s of other spiders covering the tent.
- The man leans into you. There is a dark red almost black color to the whites of his eyes. He is so close his nose is almost touching your nose. You can feel his breath when he says, “We all have it in here. We are all infected.
We are looking for submissions to our horror story contest!!!! Submit your creepy story here.
If you would rather write horror poetry, try our Horror Haiku Contest.
10 Horrifying Horror Story Prompts Here are 10 horror story prompts that should give you the chills, and get you writing something scary. Warning if these don't scare you, you are most-likely a zombie, vampire, werewolf or ghost. If you are unaware of being one of the undead, seek medical...Every WriterEveryWritereds@everywritersresource.comAdministratorI am the Editor of EWR. I have been doing this a long time. Every WriterEvery Writer
These 4th-grade writing prompts (or fourth grade essay topics) are written for students in grade four. They are free to use under a Creative Commons License.
Want more ideas? Click the "categories" tab at the top of the screen, or visit the homepage.
- Imagine that a ball rolled to a stop at you feet. When you picked it up it felt very warm and it glowed. Then suddenly... Describe what happened next.
- If you were sent back in time to the year 1895, who would you get to help you?
- What do dogs think about?
- Think of a really famous pop/rock star and then describe what you think their bathroom looks like.
- What is your favourite place to visit alone and what do you do there?
- You can see into the future, but only for five minutes. How would you use this time?
- Imagine your Grandma has a secret. She told you what it was the other day. Now write about what the secret is and how surprised you are.
- Imagine you were told to throw a dart at a wall map. Wherever it landed you had to set off for that location first thing in the morning. Where would you try and aim the dart and would be excited, or afraid?
- Should children be allowed to go to bed when they want?
- If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be and why?
- Imagine that whilst playing in your garden, a strange, pale child beckons you. She is dressed in really old-fashioned clothing. Describe what happens next.
- Imagine a lion has just walked into your house. Tell me how each member of your family would react!
- Do you think children should be banned from watching television? Give reasons for your answer.
- If you could design your own room, what would it contain?
- Why is it a good thing to spend some time alone?
- Find a picture or photograph and write a story about the people in it. What has just happened, or what is about to happen?
- Tell me about a TV show you liked when you were much younger. What would you think of it now?
- Write about someone who owns these four objects; a crystal ball, a small, yappy dog, a bottle of brown medicine and a red wig. Use all the items in your story.
- Write about a very trendy and very loud mother who takes her son out shopping for clothes.
- In the UK we have a Queen. What do you think she believes is the worst thing about her job?
- Rant about something that really, really bugs you. Go on; let it all out, just this once!
- Describe what might happen if one day, the moon just disappeared and did not turn up at night.
- Imagine a real fairy has just come back from a fancy dress party. She is dressed as a fairy of-course, but had powers the other people did not. Describe what she got up to.
- Using the internet, find some facts about a building you know well. Then write about it, amazing your friends and family with what an expert you have become. This is known as doing 'research'.
- Imagine a very strange planet indeed. Then describe the very strange people who live there.
- If you found some treasure in a friend's garden, should you be allowed to keep it?
- Do you think we will make contact with people from another planet in your lifetime?
- When its owners are asleep, describe what Toby the bad dog gets up to.
- What is the most stupid thing you have ever done?
- Why do you think we dream?
- What do you think makes a good friend?
- Think about your favourite movie star and imagine what they are doing right this moment.
- Imagine an elderly person joins your school class for a week â€“ describe what they would do and what you might learn from each other.
- If the world was going to end in one hour, what would you want to write in your diary? What would be your thoughts?
- Should children be allowed to climb trees, or do you think it is too dangerous?
- Write about something you can do that most of your friends cannot - like a special skill.
- Describe the special place you go to when you want to be alone. What do you do there?
- Imagine you had to appear on a TV talent show, what would you do and why?
- Imagine you and your best friend are sleeping out in a tent in the woods. In the middle of the night, you hear a really weird sound. Grabbing a torch, you unzip the tent flap and look out. Write about what you see and what happens next.
- Describe something a friend of yours really likes to eat, which you think tastes horrible. Why do you think we all like different foods?
- Pretend you are a wizard but nobody else knows. Describe how you would cast spells with anybody seeing.
- If you could be a ghost for a day, write about what you would do.
- Pretend to be an owl and describe your day.
- Close your eyes and try to remember what is in the room. Then open them and write a description of something you did NOT remember.
- Write a pretend letter to someone you no longer see, updating them about your life. You may even want to send the letter afterwards.
- Do you think you could not talk for a day? What would be difficult about trying this?
- If you could wave a wand and prevent someone talking for a week, who would you wave it at and why!?
- Describe to me some real place, or building that you find creepy.
- If you could breathe underwater, what things might you like to do and see?
- Imagine you could bake a magic cake. Write about what the cake could do.